I fully disclose prices to clients beforehand to help them with their decision process. Prices are reflective of the time commitment and creative writing expertise that are required for each kind of ceremony. Prices adhere to the Commonwealth of MA by-laws that regulate fees for Justices of the Peace (see each package for pricing details).
Allformal wedding (non-elopement)packages include: · An initial free consultation (via phone, Skype, FaceTime, or in-person at my office) so I can begin to hear your story and get to know you. We can talk about your visions for a perfect ceremony (and if you have no idea what that means to you yet, no worries!). You will have the opportunity to ask any questions. · A final planning meeting · Guidance in obtaining your marriage license · Completion and mailing of your marriage license within 48 hours of your wedding . A nicely printed copy of your ceremony
Elopement packages include all of the above, except a consultation meeting. Details are easily figured out by email or phone, so a meeting is rarely necessary. If a couple would like to arrange a meeting, a fee is required.
Note that a $50 non-refundable deposit secures my services for your event (which comes off of your total balance and is NOT an additional fee). A deposit is not required of elopements, unless they are planned more than 3 months in advance.
FORMAL WEDDING PACKAGES:
1) Custom Ceremony Package -- $500 outside of Grafton, $425 within Grafton** Includes: *A custom-written ceremony that tells your unique story: -Couples are asked to complete a questionnaire that not only provides me with details on what makes your relationship work, but is also a fun way to reflect upon your past and your future together -- How you met, highlights of your relationship, challenges you have faced together, special qualities you see in each other, and your hopes for your future. Tell me about your proposal, or what your partner does that makes you crazy! I use your responses to craft a ceremony that defines who you are as a couple in an engaging, meaningful way that you and your guests will never forget. To see what couples have said about their custom ceremonies,see Testimonials. *Guidance in including remembrances or special acknowledgements to beloved family members or friends, if desired *Access to a wealth of resources to guide you through the selection of readings and vows *Resources and support for those who choose to write their own vows. For couples who would prefer pre-written vows, I have many beautiful choices to select from. I can also write original vows for you. *Research on cultural or religious traditions *Information and guidance in the selection of symbolic gestures (e.g., sand pouring, wine/box ceremony, wine pouring, stone warming, handfasting, etc.). *If you wish, a draft of the ceremony for your review and approval *A final in-person meeting within Grafton, or via phone, Skype, or FaceTime
**Pricing reflects the MA regulated fees of $100 within/$150 outside the JP’s town of residence. An additional customization fee is added for the extensive writing time needed to compose a personalized ceremony that truly reflects each unique couple, as well as access to my extensive resources that I have assembled in my years of service.
2) Semi-Custom Ceremony Package -- $425 outside of Grafton, $350 within Grafton** This option is for couples who want a ceremony with some customization, but without including their relationship's story. Religious and non-religious versions available. Includes: *Guidance in including remembrances or special acknowledgements to beloved family members or friends, if desired *Access to a wealth of resources to guide you through the selection of readings and vows *Resources and support for those who choose to write their own vows *Research on cultural or religious traditions *Information and guidance in the selection of symbolic gestures *If you wish, a draft of the ceremony for your review and approval *An optional, final in-person meeting within Grafton, or via Skype or FaceTime
**Pricing reflects MA regulated fees of $100 within/$150 outside the JP's town of residence, plus a customization fee.
3) Non-Custom (Standard) Ceremony Package -- $150 outside of Grafton, $100 within Grafton *This package is only offered within 20 minutes of Grafton** This option is for couples who want to keep their ceremony simple, but elegant, and are interested in having the convenience of something that is pre-written and ready to go. Couples are free to personalize this ceremony themselves if desired. Includes: *A beautiful non-customized ceremony that follows a familiar ceremony flow. It is sweet and modern...never boring! *Couples may choose from either a religious (non-denominational) or non-religious version. *The couple may add their own reading(s) or other ceremony elements, if desired. *An optional, final in-person meeting within Grafton, or via Skype or FaceTime
1) Elopement/Civil Ceremony Package -- $100 within Grafton, $115-150 outside of Grafton (depending on location) This is for couples who are looking for a simple, short, but memorable way to "make it legal." :) Includes: *A short, non-custom ceremony in a location of your choice for up to a handful of guests. Not sure where to go? I can make suggestions. *Religious or non-religious, depending on your preference *You may exchange rings if you wish *You may add your own original vows or other personal touches for me to recite.
2) Elopement Plus Package -- $120 within Grafton, $125+ outside of Grafton (depending on location) For couples who want a quick way to make it legal, but with guidance in adding personalized touches. *A short and simple elopement, but the couple can access my extensive resources to make their choice of vows, ring exchange wording, and (if desired) a reading or other personal touch
*Late fee policy -- If a ceremony begins more than 30 minutes late, there will be a fee of $50 for any/all of the next 30 minutes and an additional $50 for any 30-minute increment or portion thereafter leading to the actual start time of the ceremony. For example: Jack & Jill's wedding was scheduled to start at 1pm, but due to delays did not start until 1:45pm. A $50 fee will be charged for exceeding 30, but not more than 60, minutes. If their wedding started at 2:10pm, total late fees would total $100. Justice Miller reserves the right to leave a ceremony site 1 hour after the scheduled start time if the ceremony has not yet begun. These policies have not been created because I am grumpy, but rather to ensure a respect of my time, other couples potentially using my services that day,...and my babysitter :)
ADDITIONS: *The Commonwealth of Massachusetts regulates the prices that Justices can charge for performing a civil ceremony. If a couple chooses, they may add options, such as custom ceremony composition and rehearsals at an extra charge. Note that JPs are NOT allowed to charge for travel, as is stated in our by-laws.
Rehearsals (OPTIONAL) – Starting at $100, depending on location *Pending my availability, I am happy to attend a rehearsal and provide any needed guidance and facilitation. I will provide a step-by-step outline to couples who are not having a rehearsal or who don’t feel my presence is necessary at their rehearsal. *Couples are encouraged to book their officiant as soon as possible to better ensure my availability to attend their rehearsal.
*Clients are expected to cover any parking fees for the ceremony, rehearsal, or other meetings.